Friday, February 24, 2012

21 weeks and news that changed my life forever

When I was just 21 weeks pregnant with my identical twin girls, I went to the doctor for a routine checkup. I had an ultrasound done to make sure my girls were developing properly and everything looked great to begin with. The ultrasound tech said she was done and she left the room so i could get dressed. Before i was finished getting dressed she came back in to the room and said, "let me check one more thing". The thing she decided to check was my cervix. Well.....come to find out i really didnt have a cervix...it was only 7mm thick.

I had no idea what this meant but i knew it was a bad thing...just had no idea how bad.
She brought me into another room to talk to the doctor (who by the way was out of town and appeared on a computer screen to talk to me).
The doctor (on the computer screen) told me that what this meant was that my girls would be delivered in the next 4 to 5 weeks and that there was no way i would make it full term.

THIS IS WHERE THE LONG JOURNEY BEGAN

No comments:

Post a Comment