Friday, February 24, 2012

A little hope....back to no hope and more Mag

So things started to get a little better at this point..... I was taken off the Mag, the catheter came out and i was allowed to use the bed pan. (was not allowed to get out of bed for any reason and still could not sit up at all to eat which i found very difficult with my huge stomach in the way)

I ahd no contractions for a couple days but my water bag was still bulging and i was not allowed to leave the hospital until i delivered. The doctor thought for sure he could get to me 30 weeks but JUST INCASE he gave me steroid shots for the babies lungs (who were at this point only 1 pound each).

The nurses all came in to my room everyday to try to keep my hopes up and we all got pretty close after 2 weeks. (One nurse even snuck me ice cream from the cafeteria which was the best part of each day at this point).

Just as i thought everything was looking up and i was going to hang on to these babies the contractions started again.

All i could do was cry. I was doing everything i could to hang on to these babies. I was not getting out of bed or even sitting up all the way. I was taking my Procardia and my Ibuprofen and doing everything the doctors said would save my babies.

They put me back on the Magnesium :/ (which this time made my blood pressure almost bottom out but i hung in there and the contractions once again came to a stop).

No comments:

Post a Comment